Giving to charity through your Tax Return

From April 2004, Self Assessment Taxpayers will be able to use the tax return form to donate to charity all or part of any repayment due to them.  The donation will go direct to the chosen charity's bank account; the taxpayer can choose to Gift Aid the donation and any tax on Gift Aided donations will be paid to the charity without the need for a claim.

Anyone who completes an income tax return are reminded that if they are anticipating a tax refund they can, if they wish, donate all or part of the refund to a charity simply by entering the relevant charity's reference number on the tax return.

Tourette Scotland's reference number is:  EAN 15 XG

More information can be found by visiting:

Thank you.